Monday, May 28, 2007

The Season is here and I'm not

I've been doing this endurance thing for a few years. It was something I began because it was a dream of mine since watching Sian Welch and Wendy Ingraham in 1997. When I volunteered at the first Wisconsin Ironman as a finish line catcher, I thought to myself - this is it - it's time....what do I need to do to get started.
I've since done a few races here and there and even participated & finished my first Ironman in Wisconsin in 2005. In 2006 I was depressed I had not signed up for any Ironman races - but knowing my body - well - I'm probably not one of those people who can just pick up and do them year after year.
Last year - I talked a friend of mine into doing Lake Placid with me - and I just don't feel it this year. Nothing seems to be coming together like it should. I've had hip problems to contend with, talk of surgery....blah, blah, blah....and now four weeks of sinus infections and bronchitis. Crap - just shoot me now.
The only two races I'm signed up for other than LP(an olympic and 1/2 iron) are back to back weekends this weekend and next and I feel I'm not ready.... and then only one month of training until show time. This is insane. I'm not ready - not at all......

No comments: